|LOST HOSPITALS OF LONDON|
Campbell Hospital for Officers
10 Cambridge Square, Paddington, W2 2QE
|1914 - 1917
The Campbell Hospital for Officers was opened by Mrs Muirhead Campbell in the winter of 1914. It had 10 beds.
The Queen visited on 11th November 1914. By 19th December all the beds were occupied.
The Hospital was affiliated to Queen Alexandra's Military Hospital in Millbank.
It closed in 1917, when it had 7 beds.
Present status (April 2010)
The original building was replaced in 1963 during the redevelopment of Cambridge Square.
The whole area around Cambridge Square has been modernised.
No. 10 Cambridge Square.
17th December 2013)
(Author unstated) 1914 Care of the wounded. British Journal of Nursing, 21st November, 404.
(Author unstated) 1917 List of the various hospitals treating military cases in the United Kingdom. London, H.M.S.O.
to alphabetical list
Return to home page