|LOST HOSPITALS OF LONDON|
58 Queen Anne Street, W1G 8HW
|1915 - 1919
The Darell Hospital opened in 1915 under the management of the Chelsea Voluntary Aid Detachment. It had 23 beds for officers and was affiliated to Queen Alexandra's Military Hospital at Millbank.
It closed in April 1919.
Present status (February 2014)
In 1929 the building became the first home of the British (later Royal) College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists until 1960, when the College moved to a new building in Regent's Park.
The Grade II listed terraced house has been converted into commercial office space.
No. 58 Queen Anne Street is now an office block.
A plaque to the French composer Hector Berlioz adorns the front elevation.
|References (Accessed 20th December 2018)
(Author unstated) 1917 List of the various hospitals treating military cases in the United Kingdom. London, H.M.S.O.
(Author unstated) 1925 The British Red Cross Society. County of London Branch Annual Reports 1914-1924. London, Harrison & Sons.
to alphabetical list
Return to home page