|LOST HOSPITALS OF LONDON|
Hackney and Stoke Newington Orthopaedic and Tropical Clinic
92 Dalston Lane, E8 1NG
|1919 - 1924
Physical medicine (out-patients only)
The Hackney and Stoke Newington Orthopaedic Clinic opened in November 1919. By the end of December some 3,249 treatments had been given.
During 1920 patients received 43,510 treatments.
In May 1921 a Tropical Diseases branch opened at the request of the Ministry of Pensions. It closed in February 1923.
The Orthopaedic Clinic closed on 31st December 1924, no longer required by the Ministry of Pensions.
During its operational lifetime of five years, some 208,602 treatments had been given at the Clinic.
Present status (October 2011)
Update: February 2013
In July 2012 Rhythms of Life International moved to Southampton Row.
The building is now used by the
British Red Cross as the Hackney
Destitution Resource Centre to provide essential services for
asylum seekers and refugees.
The building remains the property of the British Red Cross.
From November 2010 until July 2012 the building was also used by Rhythms of Life International, a charity for homeless people.
(Author unstated) 1921 News in brief. The Red Cross 8, 10.
(Author unstated) 1925 The British Red Cross Society. County of London Branch Annual Reports 1914-1924. London, Harrison & Sons.
to Orthopaedic and Tropical Clinics
Return to alphabetical list
Return to home page