|LOST HOSPITALS OF LONDON|
Hall-Walker Hospital for Officers
Sussex Lodge, 27 Sussex Place, Regent's Park, NW1 4RG
|1914 - 1918
The Hall-Walker Hospital for Officers opened in 1914 in Sussex Lodge, the residence of Colonel and Mrs William Hall-Walker. It was affiliated to Queen Alexandra's Military Hospital in Millbank.
The King and Queen visited the Hospital in November. By December 1914 all 16 beds were occupied.
By 1917 the Hospital had 27 beds.
It presumably closed in 1918, at the end of the war.
Present status (June 2010)
Sussex Lodge was demolished in the 1950s and the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecology built on its site.
The L-shaped building was erected in the late 1950s, with its main entrance in Sussex Place intended for use by Fellows and members (above and below).
(N.B. Photographs obtained in December 2012.)
The back entrance of the administation building in Park Road is used for goods deliveries and staff.
(N.B. Photograph obtained in June 2010.)
(Author unstated) 1914 Care of the wounded. British Journal of Nursing, 21st November, 404.
(Author unstated) 1917 List of the various hospitals treating military cases in the United Kingdom. London, H.M.S.O.
|Return to alphabetical list
Return to home page