|LOST HOSPITALS OF LONDON|
Orthopaedic and Tropical Clinic
94 Adelaide Road, Primrose Hill, NW3
|1919 - 1923
Physical medicine (out-patients only)
After the war the Hampstead Orthopaedic and Tropical Clinic was established in what had been the Rosslyn Lodge Auxiliary Military Hospital in Lyndhurst Road.
When Rosslyn Lodge was sold by its owner, the Clinic moved in March 1920 to No. 94 Adelaide Road under the care of the London/150 Voluntary Aid Detachment.
On 7th April 1920 a Tropical Clinic opened.
In the first years of its operation life in its new premises, some 17,575 treatments were given - 277 to discharged officers and 17,428 to other ranks.
In 1921 the waiting room was given up for use as a treatment room and a hut was found as a replacement for the waiting room.
The Tropical branch closed in April 1923 and the Orthopaedic branch presumably later in the same year.
Present status (November 2011)
The site of the building is at the side of Kings College Court, which overlooks Primrose Hill Road.
The site on Adelaide Road is now part of the garden to the side of Kings College Court.
(Author unstated) 1921 News in brief. The Red Cross 8, 10.
(Author unstated) 1925 The British Red Cross Society. County of London Branch Annual Reports 1914-1924. London, Harrison & Sons.
to Orthopaedic and Tropical Clinics
Return to alphabetical list
Return to home page