Little Warley Lodge
Magpie Lane, Childerditch, Little Warley,
Brentwood, Essex CM13 6DX

Medical dates:

Medical character:
1954 - 1987

Mental handicap

In 1953 Little Warley Lodge, a large house built at the beginning of the 19th century, was bought by the South Ockendon Hospital for use as an annexe.  The first patients were admitted in 1954.

In 1974, when it had 63 beds, the Lodge was transferred to the control of the Barking and Havering District Health Authority.

In 1979 it had 58 beds.

The Lodge closed in 1987, when it had 26 beds.  The building and grounds were sold.

Present status (February 2009)

Little Warley Lodge is now Warley Hall, a private nursing home with 29 beds.

Sycamore Court Care Centre, a purpose-built two-storey private care home run by South Cross Health Care,  occupies part of the grounds.

Little Warley Lodge
Little Warley Lodge, a listed building, was renamed Warley Hall in 2003.
Sycamore Court
Sycamore Court Care Centre, a private nursing home for 39 residents.
www.geograph.org.uk (1)
www.geograph.org.uk (2)
Return to alphabetical list
Return to home page