|LOST HOSPITALS OF LONDON|
Stanmore Isolation Hospital
Honeypot Lane, Stanmore, Middlesex HA7 1DX
|1902 - 1948
The Stanmore Isolation Hospital was opened in 1902 on the east side of Honeypot Lane by the Hendon Rural District Council. It had 26 beds and cots, with separate blocks for patients with diphtheria and scarlet fever.
Following epidemics in 1928 and 1929 the Council doubled the accommodation.
The Hospital did not join the NHS, but closed in 1948.
Present status (May 2008)
The London Borough of Harrow took over the buildings and converted them into the Stanmore Residential Nursery for children under the age of five years. In 1965 administrative control of the Nursery was transferred to the London Borough of Brent.
Nothing remains today of the Hospital buildings. The site contains Chichester Court, a small estate of apartment blocks, and an allotment with 23 plots.
| The entrance into Chichester Court (left) and further into the estate (right).
The southern blocks are the putative site of the Hospital.
|Return to alphabetical list
Return to home page