Battersea Auxiliary Military Hospital
9 Cedars Road, Clapham SW4 0PN
Medical dates:

Medical character:
1914 - 1919

Convalescent (military)

At the outbreak of WW1 the large house at No. 9 Cedars Road had initially been used as a hospital for wounded and sick Belgian soldiers.

By the end of March 1915 arrangements had been made for the Belgians to be transferred elsewhere and the building then became the Battersea Auxiliary Military Hospital, receiving patients from the First London (T.F.) General Hospital.  It had 40 beds.

The Hospital closed in 1919.

No further details (as yet) have come to light.  If you can provide further information, please contact:


Present status (April 2010)

The house has been demolished and its site is occupied by small apartment blocks, part of the CETRA Co-operative Housing estate.

 Cedars Road
The site of No. 9 Cedars Road.
(Author unstated) 1917 List of the Various Treating Military Cases in the United Kingdom.  London, H.M.S.O.

Reid H 1949 Story of the County of London Branch.  London, British Red Cross Society.

http://landmark.lambeth.gov.uk (1)
http://landmark.lambeth.gov.uk (2)
Return to alphabetical list
Return to home page