|LOST HOSPITALS OF LONDON
Fulham Maternity Hospital
5-7 Parsons Green, Fulham, SW6 4UL
|1937 - 1968
The Fulham Maternity Hospital was opened in 1937 by the Fulham Borough Council on a site previously occupied by a Home and School for Girls. It had 28 beds and replaced the maternity services at the Fulham Hospital.
During WW2 a section of the Hospital was used as a First Aid Post for civilian casualties.
The Hospital joined the NHS under the control of the Fulham and Kensington Hospital Management Committee, part of the South West Metropolitan Regional Hospital Board.
The Fulham Maternity Hospital closed when the facilities at the new Charing Cross Hospital on the former Fulham Hospital site became available.
Present status (March 2008)
The site is now the Parsons Green NHS Walk-in Centre, a satellite to the Walk-In Centre at Charing Cross Hospital.
The Parsons Green NHS Walk-In Centre
The entrance to the building
to alphabetical list
Return to home page