|LOST HOSPITALS OF LONDON|
Glebe House Nursing Home
105a Camlet Way, Hadley Common, Barnet EN4 0NJ
|? 1951 - 1971
In 1941 Lady Carnarvon had established a nursing home in The Glebe, a large house in Hadley Common. It closed two years later because of financial problems.
In the 1950s the property was taken over by the NHS. It became Glebe House, a nursing home under the control of the Hendon Group Hospital Management Committee, part of the North West Metropolitan Regional Hospital Board. It had 24 beds for chronically ill patients
It closed in 1971.
Present status (February 2019)
Glebe House is now a private residence. It was last sold in August 2017 for £5,180,000.
|N.B. Photographs obtained in February 2011
The driveway leading to Glebe House.
The gates to the property.
At one time the property was renamed Ashirwad House.
|References (Accessed 3rd February 2019)
(Author unstated) 1962 The Disappearing Hospitals. British Medical Journal 1 (5274), 323-331.
to alphabetical list
Return to home page