Hall Hill Auxiliary Hospital
Beadles Lane, Broadham Green, Oxted, Surrey RH8 9PA
Medical dates:

Medical character:
1914 -1916?

Convalescent (military)
Hall Hill Auxiliary Hospital opened on 21st October 1914 in a property lent and furnished by Mrs Michaelis.  It had 11 beds.

The Hospital was run by the Surrey/46 and /62 Voluntary Aid Detachments, who also ran the Charing Cross Convalescent Home as an auxiliary hospital with 100 beds.  Both presumably had closed by 1916 (they are not listed by the British Red Cross Society in 1917).

No further details (as yet) have come to light about this hospital.  If you can provide further information, please contact:


Present status (September 2011)

The 7-bedroomed house is now a private residence.

Hall Hill
Hall Hill was once part of the Tandridge Court estate owned by the reclusive German-born South African millionaire and philanthropist Maximilian Michaelis, who was knighted in 1924.

Hall Hill
The property, once called Hall Hill Cottage, is now named
simply Hall Hill.

Author unstated) 1914 Summary of work since outbreak of war to date.  London, British Red Cross Society.

Return to alphabetical list
Return to home page