Baroness d'Erlanger's
Auxiliary Hospital
Kent View, Shooters Hill, Welling, Kent DA16 3RP
Medical dates:

Medical character:
1914 - 1916

Convalescent (military)
In 1914, following the outbreak of war, the Baroness d'Erlanger's Convalescent Home for Children in Kent View, Shooters Hill, became an auxiliary military hospital.

The Baroness d'Erlanger's Auxiliary Hospital had 10 beds, which were all occupied by March 1915.

The Hospital presumably closed in 1916 as it is not listed by the British Red Cross Society in 1917.

Present status (October 2011)

Kent View was on the opposite side of Shooters Hill from the d'Erlangers' country home, Falconwood.  Both properties have been demolished and their sites redeveloped for housing.

New town houses have been built on the site of the Hospital.

The site of Kent View is now occupied by Nos. 209-211 Shooters Hill.
References (Accessed 7th September 2013)
Return to alphabetical list
Return to home page