Coed-Bel Cottage
3 Camden Grove, Chislehurst, Kent BR7 5EH
Medical dates:

Medical character:
1898 - 1931

Coed-Bel Cottage opened in February 1898 as a Home of Rest for women and for girls aged 7 years or over, who did not need medical or nursing care.  Patients were allowed to stay only for three weeks.

In 1910 the weekly charge per patient was 3 shillings (15p) in winter and 4 shillings (20p) in summer.

The Home closed on 14th April 1931 because of the difficulty of obtaining patients.

Present status (November 2012)

When the Home closed, its endowments were transferred to the Elizabeth Garrett Anderson Hospital, for the benefit of its convalescent home - the Rosa Morison House of Recovery - where a bed was to be named after Katharine Elizabeth Amos, the Founder of Coed-Bel School.

The terraced house today is a private residence.
 Coed-Bel Cottage
No. 3 Camden Grove.
Return to alphabetical list
Return to home page