|LOST HOSPITALS OF LONDON|
Perivale Maternity Hospital
Stockdove Way, Greenford, Middlesex UB6 8EL
|1937 - 1986
The Perivale Maternity home opened in 1937, taking over the maternity services from the Chiswick and Ealing Maternity Hospital in Clayponds Lane.
In 1955 it was renamed the Perivale Maternity Hospital.
By 1974 it had 86 beds and a Special Baby Unit, but in 1979 various committess decided that it would be better to move facilities to the new Ealing Hospital in Hanwell.
The Hospital closed in 1986 and services were transferred to the Maternity Unit at Ealing Hospital.
Present status (April 2008)
The bulk of the site was sold to Ealing Council for £6.19m, and the remainder retained for health care use.
The Hospital building was demolished and replaced by a Notting Hill Housing Trust development with 133 homes.
The site also contains Enterprise Lodge, a centre for children with learning disabilities; Ealing Mencap are currently planning to redevelop this building.
The site now mainly contains new housing
|Return to alphabetical list
Return to home page