Hampton Isolation Hospital
Uxbridge Road, Hampton Hill, Middlesex TW12
Medical dates:

Medical character:
1908 - 1935

Infectious diseases

Construction began on the Hampton Isolation Hospital in 1906 and it opened in 1908 with eight beds.  All cases of infectious diseases were admitted, with the exception of smallpox.

The Hospital soon expanded to have 10 beds and, by 1929, 14 beds.

In April 1935 the South Middlesex and Richmond Joint Hospital Board took over control of the Hospital from the Hampton Urban District Council, and also the Isolation Hospitals at Mogden and Twickenham.

The Hospital closed in July 1935.

Present status (May 2009)

The site was sold in 1937.  No trace remains of the Hospital and the area has been redeveloped as Longford Close, containing 65 houses.

Longford Close  
The mouth of Longford Close, off Uxbridge Road.  The site of the Hospital is on the right.

    Longford Close  
Longford Close
Looking along Longford Close from the north (left) and from the south (right).

The footbridge across the river.

  back of site  back of site
The back of the Hospital site, as seen from the footbridge.
Return to alphabetical list
Return to home page