|LOST HOSPITALS OF LONDON|
Primitive Methodists Schools, Bloomfield Road,
Bromley Common, Kent BR2 9RZ
|1914 - 1915
In October 1914 the Trustees of the Primitive Methodists Schools lent the building to the Kent/50 Voluntary Aid Detachment for use as an auxiliary military hospital.
The Hospital had 25 beds.
It closed in 1915 when a larger
hospital opened in Oakley
Present status (November 2010)
The building still exists and is part of the Bromley Common Methodist Church.
The Bromley Common Methodist Church. The School halls can be seen behind the church at the left of the image.
The School halls in Bloomfield Road.
The main entrance to the halls.
The hall at the end (above) is dated 1877 and bears the foundation stone (below) dated 13th December 1876.
Creswick P, Pond GS, Ashton PH 1915 Kent's Care for the Wounded. London, Hodder & Stoughton.
Walker J 1979 The British Red Cross in the Bromley area 1910-1919. Bromley Local History 4, 17-23.
to alphabetical list
Return to home page